Tuesday 8 June 2010

Yay Cleaning

Can't tell you just how much I despise cleaning... I've been cleaning and cleaning and cleaning the last few days, and it really sucks.
We're getting ready for family to come visit. Tim's mom Robin and sister Ashley arrive Thursday morning, and will be staying with us here in korea for 2 weeks. Then on the 24th, the four of us will be flying to Honolulu to meet up with some more family: Vicki, Granny, Lindsey and Traci. This month will be AWESOME. We are so excited and absolutely dying for a vacation right now...work has been extremely stressful these past couple months. We need a break from the army. Even if it is only for 14 days. We'll be in Hawaii from June 24-July 6. =D
So, sorry if I dont' make it back on here very often this next month. I'm really going to try my best to blog, especially while in hawaii so that I can remember everything we do there for forever and ever! =) But, if I do not make it on here very often, I apologize.
This week is going to be pretty busy...today, when Tim gets off work(at 6am), we have to go on post once the offices open up and get some things done. My visa is about to expire, oops, totally didn't realize this until yesterday and we have exactly 1 week until it is expired. I don't know what happens if it's not renewed by then...they arrest me? or deport me back to the states..who knows. Anyways, it can't be good. So, today we have to get a memorandem stating we have 1 year left on Tim's orders, get that memo signed by the commander. Take this Memo, Tim's orders, and my passport downtown here in Uijeongbu to the embassy, wait in line, and have my passport stamped. Then I'll be good to go. I'm not sure, but I think I actually have a month after my visa expires to get it done. We really don't want to risk it though. Oh and here's a fun fact, we found out today, people visiting korea can actually stay up to 90 days without a visa. One of our friends here, his brother is living with them for 3 months and didn't have to get a visa because of this. I always thought it was only 30 days, but I was wrong. That doesn't really happen often(me being wrong). Anyways, after we get the memorandum, we have to get our rent money out from the bank, return some library books, go grocery shopping, and Tim needs to get a haircut. That might seem like not a lot, but without a car...that will all take atleast 2-3 hours. It takes 20 min just to walk to post, then 20 min to walk back, and walking around post can take 10 min from one end to the other. It's very tiring.
After we get back we'll either be going to sleep(since Tim just pulled a 12 hour night shift and then spending all morning running errands, we'll have been up for about 24 hours). Or we will stay up awhile longer and get some more cleaning done, then sleep at night. It's going to be a long day regardless. I've already been awake a full "day", and Tim's not even home yet...we won't even be leaving to run errands for a few hours now... ughhh *sigh*
So besides today being busy, tomorrow we'll be doing last minute cleaning and preparing for our visitors. Running some errands, paying rent.. Then on Thursday, I will be going to Incheon airport around 7am to pick up Robin and Ashley. The bus leaves here at 7 and takes an hour to get there so I won't see them until atleast 8am, and their plane lands at 5:30am so they will actually be waiting on me. But they know where to go for the bus to come back, hopefuly, I hope Tim gave them good enough directions. =/ Anyways, the bus leaves from the airport at 10, so we should be back to our apartment around 11:30. Tim can't go to pick them up because he has a board to go to for soldier of the month. He also has to go to the range on Friday....even though he litteraly JUST went LAST WEEK. *sigh* They're only required to go to the range once every 6 months, but for some reason this will be the 5th time in the last 6 months for Tim. Some idiot NCO keeps sending him for no reason. Anyways. So, the first two days his mom and sis are here, he won't even be able to spend much time with him since he'll be gone doing all that. But the good thing about it is it'll put him on day shift, so he'll have a better chance seeing them then if he were pulling night shift, because the board might just be in the morning and then he could come home and spend all afternoon/evening with them, but if its in the afternoon he'll only see them that evening. The range will be all day friday though, so he will only see them that evening. But that's better then pulling night shift and getting off at 6am while they'll be sleeping and not getting to see them until 4pm for an hour when he wakes up for work. So I guess that gives him a better chance of being able to hang out with them. There's always the chance that, that idiot NCO I spoke of earlier, will make him work thursday afternoon after his board and not let him go home.
Anyways, guess I'll just have to wait and see how everything plays out.
Well, I need to get back to cleaning again. =(

No comments: