Wednesday 9 June 2010

This day just keeps going

I feel like this day has been really long....since I have pretty much been awake since monday afternoon(Its now wednesday night). I've only been able to take naps since monday, I've slept a total of 6 hours and that was in like 2 hour intervals.
Besides that, this day has just been long anyways. I had to wake up from my sleep around 11am to meet Tim on post at ACS to get my visa extended. We got to ACS and filled out the form and gave her the memorandum and everything just to find out that they wouldn't have it done until the 25th! Not good considering we leave for Hawaii on the 24th, and I wouldn't be able to enter Hawaii without a passport, or re-enter Korea. Sooo...she told us if I want it done before then I would have to go to the immigration office myself, which is what I thought we had to do in the first place anyways before someone told us ACS did it for us. Tim was NOT thrilled about going to immigration since that involved a 20 min walk to the subway, a 15 min wait for the train, a 3-4 min taxi ride to immigration, then back again. So a total of approximately 80 minutes of traveling. To top all that off, we waited TWO HOURS until our number was called, just to do something that took a total of 2 minutes! I'm not even kidding. Waited 2 hours, then all he did was glanced at our paperwork, circled 2 things, printed off the visa sticker, stuck it in my passport, handed it back to me and said thankyou. 2 minutes.
Anyways, we got back home around 5 o'clock and Tim had a softball game at 7, so we ate dinner and he left for that. I stayed back home and cleaned...which I need to get back to, just wanted to take a break and figured I would update my blog.
Oh, another thing. Tim found out while we were waiting at immigrations that he doesn't have to go to the range of friday, and that they are most likely going to move his soldier of the month board to a later day. So he should be able to go with me to pick up his family from the airport! And then we'll all be able to hang out tomorrow until he has to go to work nightshift. So that's really exciting that he'll be here tomorrow. It just sucks he'll be on nights though, it would've been nice to be able to do things during the day. Oh well.
Anyways, gotta get some cleaning done and go to bed!

No comments: