Sunday 7 September 2008

09-07-08:Chapter 2

This weekend was great!

Friday night Tim and I went over to Lloyd and Gina's for their house warming. So many people showed for that! About 20. We had a lot of fun eating Filipino food, playing games and singing karaoke. Tim actually got up and sang "Piano man" with his buddy Richardson, yes, I have a video!! One of the guys brought his guitar with him so of course Tim joined in and took turns playing songs. I tried a Filipino's version of spaghetti, it was pretty much spaghetti with ketchup and slices of hot dogs. =) Very interesting, but good. I am trying to learn some recipes from these girls because I'm afraid Tim may leave me for their cooking... =) not really.

Saturday, we slept in a bit. Tim took me to the underground mall again because I was looking for some fall shoes. Just something to cover my feet so they don't get cold, because as of right now my wardrobe includes about 3 pairs of flip flops and 2 high heels... I didn't have any luck there, not with shoes anyway, I managed to come home with a complete outfit somehow though. =)

We decided to stay in the rest of the evening though and watch movies, sweeny todd was the pick of the night. I made some popcorn and we just relaxed. Afterwards, I decided to call my parents to say hello and catch up. That made Tim miss his mommy so we called her also! She informed us that Tim and I are a new aunt and uncle! =) His step brother and sister in law gave birth to their second child, a healthy 8 lb 8 oz baby boy, Vaughn Edward(I hope I spelled that right!) He was born the morning of the 6th. The big sister(Juliette) was highly confused when they left for the hospital she asks Grandma "uhm, where are they going?" She's very excited to be a big sister though!

Today was another lazy day. The church that we have been attending wasn't having a service today because of some picnic, so we stayed in for half the day. Later in the afternoon we went bowling.. then came home! =)

It was a nice relaxing weekend for the most part, now it's back to work for Tim tomorrow morning. He's back to working 12 hour shifts everyday so it'll suck not seeing him as much but I won't complain since we just had a 3-day weekend.

No comments: